Fam!
What an awesome week!!! I'm finally in Sint Niklaas! I love it! We had some awesome miracles!!
So Saturday night it was around 8 and we had nothing planned so we went
door knocking. I love it. So we have been knocking for about 45 minutes
and we were just getting rejected like crazy! We had like 2 nice
conversations. So I was about done and without saying anything to each other we both had the feeling of doing one more. So we walked to the
next door and a nice lady answers and we start talking. About 2 minutes
into the conversation she says "willen jullie iets drinken" that is
music to the ears of missionaries!!!! She let us in and we were able to
teach her the first lesson. We invited to her to come to church the next
day. And guess what?! She came!!! It was super cool! We have another
lesson with her this Friday and I'm so excited!!
Its
sometimes really strange how the Lord works. We knocked a ton of doors
this week and we found some people who were interested but we only
taught the one. But he blessed us with something else. There is a boy
named Tarik and he has come to church a couple of times and we had the
opportunity to teach him the first lesson also. Hopefully we can teach
him and his mom this coming week. He told us that if he mom let him he
would get baptized! He is super cool. He is only 15 but came to church
last week in a suit! haha so sick! I'm pretty excited to teach him.
I
love how the Lord blesses us in ways we don't expect. Often times we try
our best and work our tails off and we feel like nothing comes of it.
But Heavenly Father always has something in store for us. And most of
the time its different than we expect. Like Elder South and I, we
knocked doors for hours this week and it seemed like nothing came from
it but we were able to teach 2 new people. God sees that we are willing
and tests us to keep going to keep pushing and then comes the blessing.
In Ether 12:12-18 it talks about how miracles were wrought after they
had faith. Faith is action. Its not until after we act that the miracles
come! I'm so grateful for a Father in Heaven who helps us become more
steadfast in the Gospel. He doesn't make it easy and that's what makes it
worth it! Nothing worth striving for is easy! I love you all!!!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment