Monday, March 10, 2014

Agency and the Atonement


Fam!
 We had a pretty great week! So much happens and then when I think back it went by so fast! its unbelievable!
 We taught Tilow twice this week and he said he was going to come to church but when we went by his house no one was home and he didn't answer his phone... If there is one thing I have learned on my mission is about agency. We can do everything the Lord asks us to do and still not have happen what we want because they still have the choice to accept or reject! Its frustrating sometimes though! We taught him with Amaro who is a really awesome member that was baptized a year ago! they both love soccer so it was super cool. He has to still ask his dad if he can get baptized so we will see!
 We also taught this lady from Macedonia and she is super positive. She doesn't always listen and she tells a lot of stories but she trusts us. She has told us so many stories that she said she hasn't told anyone. People just trust missionaries with all there problems and everything. Even Tilow told us some stuff that people just don't usually say. But this week she just started crying and telling us a story and she just cried. at first I didn't know what to do. I was thinking of what I could say. and then one of my favorite scriptures popped into my head. Alma 38:5. And then I testified of the Atonement. I love the Atonement and have gained a stronger testimony of it on my mission. I felt the Spirit while i testified and she may not get baptized but at least she knows how i feel about the Atonement and how it can help her. and she wants to come to church. It was super awesome.
 We found a couple potentials that we will be following up on so cross your fingers :) haha
 Then I went on splits on Saturday with the ZL's and I went with Elder Muse and it was a lot of fun he helped me a lot and gave me some great tips and it was awesome! We taught Nasuru an African that is Muslim but respects us and he asked muse about Jesus Christ or something. So them Muse testified of the Atonement and read a scripture about it and I felt the Spirit. So sick. He said he is going to come to church to when he is not so busy with school. But it was a pretty great week!
 I'm in all the war sections in the Book of Mormon and I love how they have so much faith especially the 2000 stripling warriors. That is one of my favorite stories! They were obedient and were willing to risk their lives for their families.  So awesome that none of them died because the Lord was with them. Remember that the Lord is always with us when we do whats right and if we are willing to do what he wants us to do then we won't "die" and we will be preserved like the stripling warriors!
 Love you guys so much!!
Love Elder Bosco
 Show message history

Simon's baptism before he went back to China

No comments:

Post a Comment