[We had a wonderful hour long Skype session with Dallin on Christmas morning. He looked great. And so happy! He sends his love to everyone.]
Fam!
I loved talking to you guys this week! It was so awesome! This was an interesting week cause we had a lot of missionary experiences but we didn't do a lot of contacting. We went to a lot of members houses and we helped a less active guy with his house. I think he is starting to realize what he is missing out on. He is super cool. He served a mission in England so he speaks really good English thank goodness. But we went caroling and had some amazing dinners with members. We got to watch Wreck it Ralph in Dutch which was super cool! haha The families in this ward are amazing!
Dutch is coming along pretty well. its the best language out there besides English :) haha its the grammar that's killing me. I hate English grammar and its not even close to the same... haha
Lately I've been thinking a lot about Alma 5 and the change of heart that Alma has. And I was thinking have I have that kind of change of heart. And further than that do I still have that change of heart. Its super cool if you go into scripture study with a question. Ive just started really doing that and its been awesome. It leads to other questions and if you always keep them in mind you will get them answered. So I was thinking about the change of heart. and how he got it and it was from trust faith and humility. So I started asking myself how can I trust God. Obviously I trust God. But how can I actually do that? Really truly trust God. And to trust someone you have to know them. And it said if you gain a knowledge of God and the Atonement you will know God. and how do we know God? He is God! but I read I think it was in true to the faith the next day and it said to know God you need to pray to Him and that is how you will know him. And now I'm starting a study more on prayer. I really want to make my prayers more than they are. Because I want to know God and actually have a conversation with Him instead of praying at night cause that's what I'm suppose to do. I have that desire to actually do it and now its not a hard to kneel down and talk to my Heavenly Father every night even if I'm dead tired. The scriptures and personal study have given me that "change of heart" and i didn't even notice it until now :) I hope you all have a wonderful week! I have a feeling its going to be a special one here in the Netherlands :)
Love, Elder Bosco

No comments:
Post a Comment