Fam!
It definitely is not 40 degrees here. Its snowed and it isn't freezing cold but its not been 40 degrees that's for sure!
We
had an awesome week! On Monday we went to a jovo (YSA) and we had a
sinterklass party with gifts and stuff and it was super fun! The Jovo's
here are so sick!
Then on Wednesday we
taught Simon again and he is doing great he told us he will do whatever
it takes to get baptized haha so sweet!
Then
Thursday was Sinterklass and we did some planning then we went over to a
ladies house who had Sinterklass and Zwarte Piet over. Super cool! then
we went over to a members house and spent the night with them! They got
us gifts and the Chocolate letters and everything it was so fun! Elder
Muse one of our Zone Leaders told me to ask one of the daughters Mogen
Wij Zoenen.... He told me it was a board game but zoenen means kiss...
So embarrassing but it was so funny everyone went silent and then I
asked what it meant and everyone laughed! it was pretty funny.
Then on Friday, we taught
our two new investigators Rueben and Vincent and it was sick! During the
lesson Rueben said wow finally a religion that makes some sense! It was
awesome! They are super cool guys!
Friday there was a baptism! One of the ZL's investigators got baptized and that was super cool!
Sunday we taught another
lesson to a German girl. And she is going home for Christmas so we
probably won't meet back with her until Jan. But she said she is going to
read the Book of Mormon over the break and she was very interested. We
testified to her and told her how we came to know it was true and she
told us she could see that it makes us happy and that we know. It was
super cool!!
This Tuesday we have a special mission conference and Elder Texiera of the Seventy is coming. That's going to be awesome!
I
think we will be skyping around 4 or 5 I think that is 8 or 9 at home
so that will work perfect! I just sent my package home so you should get
it in the upcoming week! It sad being away from all of you during
Christmas but this is all worth it! I love it here and wouldn't change it
for anything! I love you all!
Love Elder Bosco
[* Thanks to Pres. Moore and Wikipedia- I understood what Dallin was talking about.]
The Zwarte Piet character is part of the annual feast of St. Nicholas, usually celebrated on the evening of 5 December (Sinterklaasavond, that is, St. Nicholas' Eve) in the Netherlands and on 6 December in Belgium, when sweets and presents
are distributed to children. The tasks of the Zwarte Pieten are mostly to amuse children, and to scatter pepernoten, kruidnoten and strooigoed (special sinterklaas candies) for those who come to meet the saint as he visits stores, schools, and other places.
And my favorite tradition that I hope Dallin has started for us in his package (if not I will find them online...) everyone receives their first initial in the form of dark, milk, or white chocolate!!!
And my favorite tradition that I hope Dallin has started for us in his package (if not I will find them online...) everyone receives their first initial in the form of dark, milk, or white chocolate!!!
![]() |
| Sinterklass and Zwarte Pieten |



No comments:
Post a Comment