Monday, November 25, 2013

Off to Apeldoorn!

Fam!
 I had a bomb week! Tuesday I went with Elder Romer and Elder Douglas (Such sick Elders) And we taught a lesson in Hoorn and then went to IJmuiden and taught Erik. He is reading the BvM and he read the pamphlet on The Plan of Salvation. He only had Questions about the Kingdoms so that was super good! We are having a lesson Tomorrow about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and He is coming to church a lot. He said he likes the feeling there :) 
 Then we had a lesson with Nathan. And we talked about prayer and how Heavenly Father answers prayers and we asked him to pray and he said he hadn't prayed since he was 15. And he said he had nothing to pray about after a little more talking he prayed and he thanked Heavenly Father for his mom and dad and for his kids and he asked Heavenly Father to be able to see his kids more because the mom has custody of them and he doesn't get to see them to often. It was an awesome experience and I shared Alma 38:5 with him and told him about my ACL and alles. He said he would come to church but he didn't... Next week :) 
 Then I was on splits with Elder Taggart from my group and we went to go try to see Leon and HE WAS HOME! He said he was a little tipsy... But we started talking about the BvM and he had a lot of questions and wondered how a book could help and we testified (It was in English thankfully) and he said he really wants to read it now and he said he would and he thinks the Joseph Smith story is interesting and so we have another appointment Thursday! 
 Jerry was baptized this week! He was an investigator from the sisters but he is super cool! We sang Ik Ben een Kind van God and it went well :) Then on Sunday we got to be in the circle when he received the Holy Ghost and that was awesome!!! then we sang we'll bring the world His truth in Sacrament meeting and that went well also :) I seriously love music so much! It one of the things where I can feel the spirit most! Every time I sing for people I feel it so strong! 
 And here is the big news..... Elder Bean is going to Belgium! and he is with my MTC comp! I'M GOING TO APELDOORN!!! I got transferred and I have mixed emotions about it! I feel like things are going so well and everything was just about to happen. But now I'm going with an Elder from my group Elder Claflin! He is so sick! I'm going to learn Dutch fast now! haha Elder Carter is the new district leader and is training again!! haha so crazy! 
 I love you all and miss you! I love being a missionary! So many highs and lows but the highs are so much greater! The Bishops son who we have been working with wants to go on a mission now and that right there makes all of this worth it :) I love you!

Elder Bosco

somewhere in Belgium
Elders Cook, Bean, Bosco, Alade
Elders Bosco and Bean in Belgium
Andrew will appreciate this picture. He even had two more guitars that he didn't put in the picture. He was the guy we got to pray with us (not Nathan but the other one), and he gave us a referral. We brought him closer to Jesus but he is going to the catholijk church again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment