Monday, September 9, 2013

Ales Wel in the Netherlands

Hallo everyone!

  My legs hurt really bad, my butt hurts even worse,  I'm super tired and I couldn't be happier! I love it here so much! :)
  First off I would like to tell my dad that I sat by an older lady on the plane and she gave me her food! Ann Rosenthal. She is from the UK (not kentucky) she has a son in Detroit. Our plane was full also no extra seats. But we talked and she was so cool!
  My first area is IJmuiden! So cool! Me and my comp get to open it. There haven't been elders here in like 10 years! Our area is Haarlem also! So cool! The only bad part is that we have 0 investigators... Bummer... But we have a couple of potential investigators that we have found. Job and Roxanne. Job is an old man and his wife just died and he loves us haha we went over to see him on Saturday and he invited us in and we just talked with him. and he gave us a drink and it was an energy drink and it wasn't that good but I drank it cause he is awesome! He plays the Dutch version of Candy crush! haha so funny!! he is such a chill and cool guy. He loves music so when we go see him tomorrow we are going to show him some motab and sick church music! The other one is Roxanne. We found her knocking doors (since we opened we don't really have options of how to find people so we have knocked on about 300 doors maybe a little more and have passed out 4 copies of the Book of Mormon. But in my first two full days we contacted 102 people. We are challenged to contact 3 to 4 people an hour. We contacted 102 in 8 hours.. Talk about tired... It is so fun though! We get rejected so much and I just feel bad for the other people because they are missing out on the most amazing book ever!) But Roxanne was so cool. She was telling us a story and she was like last night I couldn't sleep so I started watching Oprah and she was talking about having the faith of a mustard seed and then today you guys showed up! How cool is that?? She hasn't called us back but she has kids and asked what we did with kids at church and we mentioned primary and she seemed pretty interested so we will go see her this week! 
  My trainer is the youngest one in the field! and we are opening a new city so crazy! He was a cheerleader at Colorado University and a Tumbler for the Denver Broncos! He does so many crazy things! This one lady wouldn't accept a mormon.org card and he was like if I do a back flip will you? and she didn't answer so he did one and she took a card! He has so much energy even when we get rejected like 20 times in a row! I love it! The Church members are awesome! Church was crazy cause I understand a little not that much so I really have no idea what the heck is going on!
   We are in the same area as Sister Wood and Sister Frandsen. Way cool sisters! Seriously sister missionaries know whats up and they help a ton! 
   I love this work and I love my Heavenly Father. He blesses me everyday! 
  Alles Wel!
  Elder Bosco
Train Station in the movie "The Best Two Years" (filmed in Haarlem)


My new home...

Tiny sink in our apartment no one uses it cause we have two other sinks.
but our apartment is super nice!
Elder Carter

Biggest dog in person the pic doesn't do justice


This is our lunch most days

Temporary bike but it can fold up
haaring at our ward mission leaders house. its not bad but its not good

No comments:

Post a Comment