Monday, December 1, 2014

Sacrament Meeting in 3 languages

Fam!

We had an incredible week! 

First off we had our Turkey Bowl. It was so much fun playing football. Our zone is the most athletic zone in the mission so it was actually fun to play! haha :) 

Then we had two incredible days with Elder Moriera. (He is in the quorum of the 70) He gave a zone conference and then he was at our mission leader council. He is amazing. It was such a cool experience because after the conference I knew I needed to change some things and be better but not once did he get mad or try to make us change. He did it exactly how the Savior would and that is what makes a great leader. It was just incredible. 

So our week was kinda shot because we were with him but we still got a lot done. We have a new investigator named Prince and he is on date for the 27th of Dec. He is super awesome. He asks great questions and truly wants to know.

Miracle of the week. Our ward mission leader has been giving us less actives to look up and to teach the Restoration to. So last Sunday we got one and they live in Kalmthout. The next day we got a head quarters referral and she lives in Kalmthout. The name was Rikki, so we weren't sure if it was a Belgian or what but yesterday we went. And we rang the doorbell and no one answered but we could see a light on. So we tried again. Nothing. Then right before we left a car pulls into the drive way. And we ask for Rikki assuming its a guy but it turn out that its a 17 year old girl. And in my mind I say oh boy here is another referral that did it on accident and we told her we were from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and she goes oh yeah the Mormon church. Then she tells us she went on the website but that she is busy studying for her exams in the coming weeks and to come back in two weeks. Super cool. Then we did some contacting in the area and found some more people. 

We had a great week. This week is going to be even better. We are ready to get things rolling. 

Oh highlight of my week.. Mupepe blessed the sacrament today!!!! It was incredible. He did it in French! haha And I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people to experience sacrament meeting in 3 languages. I had the french translator next to me and the English translator behind me and the service was in Dutch obviously. How cool is that?? :) It was really interesting. 

I love you all so much! Good luck this week Collin!! Go kill it bud!

Love Elder Bosco
 
Don Bosco is everywhere! I'm also famous! 
[I guess we need to get going on our family history to see how we are related to all of these Boscos all over the world!]
 Dallin didn't send a caption with this one. But Volker, a visitor from the Netherlands, said that this is the dam in Amsterdam. I guess he had this picture from his visit last week to Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment