What a week.
The Temple was amazing. :) There isn't much more to say than that. I love it. :)
We
finally got in contact with Belinda and Linda. One night we went over
to see if they were home. We belled them up and they let us in. So we go
up and the door is open a little. But we knock anyway. No one comes.
Knock again. No one comes. By this point I'm scared and think that they
looked through the peep hole and don't want to talk to us. But I was
wrong. We rang the bell and Linda came to the door. And she was a little
surprised but said come in! We go in and Belinda is so happy to see us.
She said her phone broke and that she didn't have our number. She said I
hope I didn't scare you. I said of course you scared us! We thought you
didn't want to talk to us anymore and that was definitely not the case.
So we went over two days later and taught the Plan of Salvation. She
accepted everything we said. She didn't even question it. It was weird
but really cool. She just believes us because she knows the Book of
Mormon is true. :)
We
had Stake Conference and Mupepe was there. He has not missed church
since he first walked in the doors 11 weeks ago. I am so impressed with
him! I love that man with my whole soul! I feel that he has been a
member for like 40 years! He is incredible. I can't wait for you to meet
him. :)
We also taught
a new investigator this week! Her name is Julia. Whats so cool about
her is that she is interested to know what we have to say but only from
us. Her family has told her to look things up on the internet has told
her bad things but she doesn't care because she wants it from the source
itself. :) I wish all people were like that here. It was really cool to
teach her the first lesson. Then we asked her to pray at the end. She
was nervous and then we explained it very simply and she prayed. It was
so cool! She will be on vacation this week but next week we are going
back! :)
I want to end
with a miracle from last p day. We went to Gent to go look at a castle.
We actually weren't going to go but in the end we decided to be with the
zone members. While in Gent we stumbled across an American family that
lives in Germany. And we did that 3 times. the 3rd time was in the
castle. And the wife asked Elder Bourne are you related to Travis
Bourne. And Bourne said yeah thats is my dad. And the lady paused for a
second and said when I was 16 I was really good friends with Travis. His
example and influence was one of the biggest reasons why I was
baptized. Now I am sealed in the Temple with 4 kids. I was in awe. I
didn't know what to say. It was maybe the coolest thing I have heard on
my mission. It was unbelievable! You never know who is watching or what
influence you can have on someone just by being a disciple of Jesus
Christ. People watch us closely. Be an example of the believers. You
never know who is watching. I love you all. I hope you all have a great
week!
Love Elder Bosco :)
No comments:
Post a Comment