Monday, August 4, 2014

Transfer to a new country!

Fam!
 Well I'm going to another country... I'm going to ANTWERPEN BELGIUM as Zone Leader with one of my best friends on the mission Elder Muse!!! I'm so excited! It will be weird getting used to Flams but I'm so excited! Its crazy! I am really excited though!

We had an awesome week this week! We have been teaching a lot and Courage came to church and its vacation right now in the Netherlands so he was the only primary kid. We had 15 people in church this week hahaha :) That's a lot different than at home! But a lady asked him if he wanted to go home or stay and he wanted to stay! and we watched prince of Egypt with him.

We went on splits with the Zone Leaders this week and that day was incredible we went to a ladies house and taught her the Plan of Salvation and she said wow this makes so much sense! she was loving it! Then Elder Bonney and I went to Zirkzee and we taught a referral that has been really hard to get in contact with but we were talking to her and I was telling her about my knee and how i know things happen for a reason. She looked at me and she said this so sincere. She said you just convinced me that things happen for a reason. It really was soooo cool! They  have a lesson with her in a week cause she is so busy but she is what you call a golden investigator! We also visited a less active and she asked for a blessing and i got to give my first blessing in dutch! I was pretty nervous but I felt the power of the Priesthood. I know that its Gods power. And its so incredible that he lets us have it and use it!

We also taught Lucia and she was scared that when we asked her to be baptized we would just feed her to the lions. But we told her that we would be there for her forever. And that gave her peace and she is really close to setting a date and I'm really excited for her :)

 It was a really good week! I'm really going to miss the branch here in Vlissingen I really love the people here a lot!

 I love this Gospel so much! It makes me truly happy! I would be lost without it. But with it I know I have a purpose. I love the book of Mormon and I know its true. I love learning from it. I love you fam. I miss you but I love it here. :)

Love Elder den Bosco

[Mothers note: The Nelsons live across the street from us. Kim (Sis. Nelson) is one of Alexis' best friends and Kim and Dallin have known each other their whole lives. It is so fun they are in the same mission]

P.S. Sis Nelson is also going to Antwerpen! We are going to be serving in the same city! Haha this is crazy! We are going to be going to dinner appointments together and everything!

[From Sis. Nelsons letter this week:
" Transfer calls have come in and I'm moving to Antwerpen, Beligum! woohoo!! I am
so happy and excited! Finally I will be serving in Belgium, and also in the best city-- of all the possibilities, Antwerpen was always my first choice. It's a big city, TONS of diversity... It's incredible-- I have been hearing stories about this place since the MTC, so to say i'm excited doesn't even halfway cover it. BUT the thing that really takes the cake is....... Elder Dallin Bosco and I will be serving there TOGETHER! We were talking on the phone earlier this weekand joked around about being in the same area, or at least same district just before I finish my mission.. and this morning I found out he will be serving as a zone leader in my same city! So! That means every week at church, dinner appts , district meetings, P-days and conferences we'll be together! What a cool blessing. I'm so stoked."]

P.S.S. [follow up on Simon (Dallin's first baptism): Simon just emailed me and told me he started a family restaurant in Taiwan and he is going to donate money to make a church building in his hometown. and that he is almost all the way through the Book of Mormon. How incredible is that???]

No comments:

Post a Comment