We had a great week this week!
Transfers were really crazy but a lot of fun!
Its a lot different being a Zone Leader a lot of planning and phone calls and everything! haha
We got an investigator from
the Turnhout Sisters and he is ready to get baptized and he plays soccer
so we are really excited for that!
We
were going to a dinner appointment and we were waiting for the rest of
the missionaries and a lady walks by and so I contact her and she had
seen a documentary about missionaries and she thought it was really cool
and we have an appointment with her and she is interested and we are
excited to teach her! The ward here is a lot bigger than Vlissingen! I
really like it though. I love Vlaams! Its so cool! I cant wait until you
hear it! I'm really working hard to get the soft g and everything. Its a
lot of fun.
Elder Muse and I just have a
blast and just laugh with each other. Its actually scary to drive in
this country. the roads are tiny!!! but its a lot of fun.
Sometimes
we have to go through hard times to know the good ones. and to learn to
rely on the Lord. Just like Joseph and Emma did. We need to rely on the
Lord and trust Him. He knows!! He knows everything and He will help
us.
I love you all a lot!!
I love little Ella! she is adorable!!
![]() |
| traveling to Antwerpen (that's Sis. Nelson next to Elder Bosco) |
here are some excerpts from Sis. Nelson's letter (she includes a few more details...)
(Sis. Nelson is our across the street neighbor)
"A member told me there were 124
different nationalities here in Antwerpen.. I believe it! This place
is super diverse in cultures- it makes contacting super exciting, you
never know which language you're going to hear back.
I didn't realize how different another country that speaks the same
language would be! It is not the same at all.. they pronounce things
very differently, so i'm working on changing that in my own
language... I sat in a dinner appointment this week where I could
hardly make out the topic of discussion! I felt like a greeny all over
again where I couldn't keep up with the language! That's not with
everyone though- just certain accents of older people mostly. And they
can't understand me either! haha We are all trying to speak vlaams
(flams) which includes changing the the sound of the W and G mainly..
So yeah. I feel like I sound super childish and like I talk with a
lisp, BUT it's fine. As long as it helps!
There is a funny smell in this country.. we call it the Belgium Funk.
hahah it's just a fact that Belgium isn't as clean as the Netherlands,
so whenever it rains there is a strange smell that comes out of the
cracks of the city walls ;) haha Oh my word- and yesterday we had a
crazy storm! I guess there was a hurricane coming along the Atlantic
ocean that came our way! Normally it doesn't hit us so badly, but..
this time it did! Luckily only our feet got soaked- but man when it
rains here, it POURS!
The spirit was strong in during our appointment, so I didn't think we
can go wrong. However... this ended quite funny because it turns out
she lives completely on the opposite side town from where we live, and
it was late and now it's getting dark earlier and we both have no
lights on our bikes! They have been stolen or ran out of battery-- but
you just don't notice that during the summer when you never use
them... so it was getting really late and it's a rule here that if we
are going to be getting home too late, then the zone leaders need to
pick us up because it's not as safe in the city at night.. so guess
who came to my rescue.... Elder Bosco with his comp, Elder Muse! hahah
oh man. We felt pretty bad for making them come out and find us, but
I am definitely super grateful for them! Mom, dad.. you never need to
worry- Elder Bosco and I see each other just about everyday. It's
great!
Well hey-- I hope all is going well back home. I love you all!
-Zuster Nelson
(Sis. Nelson is our across the street neighbor)
"A member told me there were 124
different nationalities here in Antwerpen.. I believe it! This place
is super diverse in cultures- it makes contacting super exciting, you
never know which language you're going to hear back.
I didn't realize how different another country that speaks the same
language would be! It is not the same at all.. they pronounce things
very differently, so i'm working on changing that in my own
language... I sat in a dinner appointment this week where I could
hardly make out the topic of discussion! I felt like a greeny all over
again where I couldn't keep up with the language! That's not with
everyone though- just certain accents of older people mostly. And they
can't understand me either! haha We are all trying to speak vlaams
(flams) which includes changing the the sound of the W and G mainly..
So yeah. I feel like I sound super childish and like I talk with a
lisp, BUT it's fine. As long as it helps!
There is a funny smell in this country.. we call it the Belgium Funk.
hahah it's just a fact that Belgium isn't as clean as the Netherlands,
so whenever it rains there is a strange smell that comes out of the
cracks of the city walls ;) haha Oh my word- and yesterday we had a
crazy storm! I guess there was a hurricane coming along the Atlantic
ocean that came our way! Normally it doesn't hit us so badly, but..
this time it did! Luckily only our feet got soaked- but man when it
rains here, it POURS!
The spirit was strong in during our appointment, so I didn't think we
can go wrong. However... this ended quite funny because it turns out
she lives completely on the opposite side town from where we live, and
it was late and now it's getting dark earlier and we both have no
lights on our bikes! They have been stolen or ran out of battery-- but
you just don't notice that during the summer when you never use
them... so it was getting really late and it's a rule here that if we
are going to be getting home too late, then the zone leaders need to
pick us up because it's not as safe in the city at night.. so guess
who came to my rescue.... Elder Bosco with his comp, Elder Muse! hahah
oh man. We felt pretty bad for making them come out and find us, but
I am definitely super grateful for them! Mom, dad.. you never need to
worry- Elder Bosco and I see each other just about everyday. It's
great!
Well hey-- I hope all is going well back home. I love you all!
-Zuster Nelson


No comments:
Post a Comment