Monday, June 16, 2014

Hup Holland Hup!!!

Fam!
 What an awesome week! On Tuesday we had exchanges and I was with Kartodirjo a Suriname elder so we talked dutch all day! So fun! Best part is that we had to get to an appointment but the bus didn't come for 14 minutes so we decided to walk! I know crazy idea right ;) Anyway a guy stops on his bike and says the Book of Mormon. In my head I thought oh boy here we go. He stopped and started to talk to us and then he said I don't have a religion and I am looking for one and Ive never been baptized!  was so cool. Then I pulled out an English Book of Mormon that i felt i should leave in my bag. He looks at it and says this is a holy book to me. I didn't know what to say I was just in shock! haha But I said yeah it is for me too. then on Sunday we tried to look him up but we walked to his house and it ended up taking 3 hours. Long story. And we never found it cause he lives in a camper or something. So we are going on Wednesday. It was so cool though.
 
Then I went on Exchanges with Elder Nye. His dad also played for the 84 team at byu. Dad should know them. They live in Logan. he went to sky view. That was one of the best exchanges Ive been on. We even got offered jobs hahaha again long story! it was so cool! It was just a really fun day.
 
Then we helped the sisters on Thursday and we had a really good day with them. We got let inside while contacting with a Muslim guy. It was pretty cool!
 
Then on Saturday we had a Zone Conference and I got to see all my companions that Ive had and Elder Bean!! It was so awesome :)
 
Happy Fathers day yesterday dad and happy Birthday to Lex on Saturday :) Love you both.
 
 I am so thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Even as missionaries we make mistakes but we have the Atonement and the sacrament to help us to be better the next week than we were this week. I actually thought about what I needed to change and it had so much more meaning and I loved it! Its a Convenant that we make with God that sometimes we forget the importance of it because we have been doing it our whole lives.
 
 
        I love you all. I don't know yet if we will be allowed to watch the games or not. But 5-1!
 
with Elder Lee
with Elder Bean
      Hup Holland Hup!!!
with Elder Claflin
with Elder Alston
    Love Elder den Bosco

No comments:

Post a Comment