Monday, June 9, 2014

Faith not fear

Fam!

 What a week! I went on exchanges with Elder Pimintel my Zone leader and seriously for two hours everyone we talked to was interested. And one guy let us in and we taught him the first lesson and set a baptismal date with him! his name is Jinzeel! He is from Sudan! It was such an incredible two hours! We chased down a guy on a bike we had a lady tell us that she wants to be forgiven of something she did but doesn't know if God would do that! And they taught her the next day and said it went extremely well! It wasn't in my area but I was an instrument in the Lords hands!!! It is such a great feeling! I know this isn't much detail but I can't really describe the day we had and the things I learned! FOLLOW THE SPIRIT! It works! we were walking back to the car and Elder Pimintel goes are we done here? And I thought for a second and then heard no. So I said no. and the first two or three people were not interested and were kinda rude but I knew there was someone. Then we see a lady and she is pretty far in front of us and I yell to her and ask her if we could ask her something! And that was the lady that wanted to know about forgiveness! I thought later that night what if I would have just gotten back into the car. And missed that lady. She probably would have been found later. But she is in a moment in her life where she needs this gospel! Everyone needs it!!!! They just don't realize it yet! :) 
 Then we taught Lousha again. she is from Suriname. And she brought her grandson with her. We brought a Suriname joint teach and they were just chatting so much! It definitely wont be a quick baptism but I have faith that they will both get baptized. The boy was super awesome. Rafael. He thought it was interesting that God and Jesus appeared to Joseph Smith! And it will take time with him. But it was super awesome!!
 We had stake conference this week. And it was broadcast from Switzerland and Pres. Uchtdorf spoke! it was so cool! its weird listening to it in dutch cause I would much rather listen to his voice but its so crazy that I can understand dutch and speak it! it blows my mind! It is so cool! 
 We have a lot set up for next week. A couple of our appointments fell through but we found some new people who are really positive! So I'm really excited :)
 I learned some amazing things this week! First "Worrying can be a way of mentally practicing failure". Ain't that the truth! 
 Second is about fear and Satan. Fear is the reason Satan did what he did. He feared himself more than he trusted in the Lord. He didn't want to risk his eternal salvation by coming to earth and not having the possibility of returning to his Father in Heaven. He was to prideful. But fear was his biggest weakness. He had no faith. and that is why we cannot have fear and faith. Satan way is fear and the way of Christ is faith. So lets be faithful to the Lord and realize that fear is of Satan and that is one of the ways he pulls us in. Remember. Faith not fear. :) 

I love you all so much!!

Love Elder den Bosco :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment