Fam!
What
an exhausting week! We were dying! haha Monday we went running with
Amaro one of the members that was baptized a year ago. Super awesome
guy! But the next day I was so sore... it was unbelievable! haha
Then we have been doing
a lot of service 2 with less active members and one with a non member
family. The non member family we helped move out of their old house and
into there new house in 5 hours. We went HAM! haha we did more than the
actual movers who were getting paid did! Then we put a floor down for a
less active girl who is really awesome! but every morning we got up and
almost couldn't get out of bed. I haven't done physical labor like that in
a LONG time. with the knee and everything and its super hard to move
dutch houses. The stairs are narrow and steep and a little twisted... It
was awesome!! :)
So Ruben and Vincent
wont be getting baptized on the 15th and either will media but we are
working on them. Sometime in the near future but we have a lot to do to
help them but they are doing awesome. Still haven't been to church yet
but this next week they will.
Guess who is back on the
map with another baptismal date?? SIMON!!! and we made the date for the
22nd of Feb. He came to church and loved it! it was so awesome! A
member brought him to church that doesn't speak English. Miracle with
Simon this week is we were going to teach him in the Jovo centrum
apartment but we forgot the keys so we went into the library and talked
to him and this is the first time we have seen him in like 2 months.
that's a long time as a missionary! haha but we asked him if he wanted to
come to church and we told him a member would come pick him up and the
member doesn't know this yet haha :) As we walk out of the library the
member is standing right there!!! So cool!! it was great! and they we
worked everything out and Simon came to church!
Remember the bell up 63 last week? so that's Franklin and we taught
him this week and he said he will come to church next week! he was
super awesome and open to listen.
Then we met this Armesian guy this week and we are going to go teach him on Wed! Super excited!
This week was awesome
and Sunday was super awesome! The Sacrament is amazing. I'm starting to
understand it more and more. I'm a long ways but I can feel my Saviors
love and that is what was so special to me this week.
Studying the BvM [Book of Mormon]is
amazing. I never realized how it was put together but it is inspired I
always thought it was in order but that's not true. That was super cool
to me this week and I just love the BvM. its the most amazing book ever!
We also studied Faith while reading and that's always amazing. I've used
amazing a lot but amazing doesn't even begin to describe it! I also
learned a very valuable lesson from my district leader Elder Alston from South Jordan. He talked about how the Lord owes us nothing. It says it
in the scriptures multiple times. We are unprofitable servants. He
doesn't want us to fail but he doesn't owe us anything. So when we are
judged we are judged by works not results. That hit me pretty hard. I
may not baptize as many people here in the Netherlands as someone
somewhere else but that doesn't mean that He won't say to me "well done
thou good and faithful servant." As long as we strive to be our best and
put our best efforts than the Lord accepts us with what we are giving
him.
I love you all so much!
Love Elder Bosco
No comments:
Post a Comment