Hey fam!
And now I will explain why the email didn't work last week. So Elder Claflin and I were emailing later than usual and all of the sudden the internet broke down at the library and so we couldn't send any emails. haha
And now I will explain why the email didn't work last week. So Elder Claflin and I were emailing later than usual and all of the sudden the internet broke down at the library and so we couldn't send any emails. haha
Awesome week this week! We really didn't teach that many lessons but it was still awesome!
Tuesday we taught Ruben
and Vincent again and they are struggling a little bit. They love when
we come over but they haven't gotten a for sure answer and they haven't
come to church yet. Bummer. But we can see their future and its too great
to give up! We also brought a member with us. Amarron. He plays pro
soccer and has so many tattoos and was addicted to drugs and drinking and
his life is completely changed by the gospel. Super amazing story.
We also did a ton of
finding this week. and it paid off pretty good. We found a couple new
potentials and a couple people said they would come to church. The best
contact was on saturday night we contacted a couple in the centrum and
they blew right past us and the guy said we were crazy for what we
believed in. But the wife came back and said are you Mormons? she had
been to church with a guy before and so the guy started going nuts and Elder
Claflin took him and I talked to the wife. Claflins the man! He owned
the guy with the spirit! And I had a nice conversation with the woman
and she said she would come to church sometime! But I don't know all that
happened in Claflins conversation but the guys heart was definitely
softened. He didn't want to learn more but there was a change in him. The
coolest part was people were listening to us and stopping and
listening and then after we finished someone contacted us! haha so sweet
:)
We also had some service opportunities and those were really good for the members that we helped.
The BvM feast is so sick! Literally I have more knowledge from reading it right now that before
my mission. I didn't realize how much it talks about the restoration and
Joseph Smith and its just super cool! The BvM is amazing! People just
tear it down and sometimes that makes me know more that its true. Its
exactly what happened to Jesus Christ. The lady actually asked me if people
are mean to us and what do we think when it happens.
and I told her that I love it. Its definitely hard to take sometimes but
when I really think about it I love it. Because its what happened to
Jesus. And we are representatives of him so why should I expect anything
less then what Jesus did or what happened to him? its incredible what
he went through to bring the Gospel and establish the Church and it give
me a perspective of what he went through and actually brings me closer
to him because he had compassion on those people and sometimes for me
they just tick me off. But it really helps me realize all that he did
for me and how hard it actually was for him! IT WASN'T EASY! But he did
it cause he loves us :)
I love and miss you all! Being a missionary is awesome! Cant wait for Wes and Coll to come experience it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment