Monday, October 21, 2013

A Great Week!

Family!
 What a great week I had! So Wednesday we taught Leon!!!!! I'm not sure he was all there cause he was smoking weed but I think he was :) We taught him in English and Dutch. (Nederengels) So it was kinda confusing. But we challenged him to baptism if he finds out its right and he said yes :) So now we need to teach him prayer cause we asked him to pray right then and all he said is "God is this real" we will teach him though he even said after that he didn't have an oprecht hart [sincere heart]. So we will keep working! he said he could believe the Joseph Smith story though so thats a good start :) 
Then we taught another first lesson to another guy. He contacted us about three weeks ago and he has been to Utah and stayed with an LDS family. He doesn't really believe there is a God but still cool to teach people. And the 6'9" guy that came last week to church came again this week!!! (He played basketball at Old Dominion) We are going over sometime to teach him more also! We have a lot of potential investigators that are so close! The work is moving forward!!
  I gave a talk yesterday in church also. And I was less nervous for this talk than my farewell talk! haha Still I was pretty nervous and I'm pretty sure I never looked up from my paper and read so fast but it got the job done! haha It was super fun :) And a lady came up to me after and said I was a hero so that made me feel pretty good :)

But the worst thing happened to me on Saturday... We were going to catch a bus to get our bikes but I forgot my ov chipkart (bus pass) So I ran back to the apartment and found it then I walked outside and looked down and had dog poop all over my shoe and then I looked and it was on my pants!!! HOW????? Then I realized that I probably stepped in it when I ran back to our house and I was skipping stairs to go faster and Dutch stairs are literally straight up and down so my shoe rubbed against my pants and it was just a mess and I was super upset and I was thinking why? This is the Third time I have stepped in dog poop. Then I realized it was satan trying to upset me so I shook it off and we got two more potential investigators that day :) Sucks to be satan. I probably shouldn't say that as a missionary but seriously I kinda feel bad for the guy. He has no future. poor guy. I hope he is reading this right now. :)

 Man I miss you guys so much and think about you all the time!! I love you more than you will ever know though! Its cool how I have been able to see through the eyes of the Savior a couple of times. I forgot to write this a couple weeks ago but on Oct 3rd I realized that it had been a year since I tore my ACL (no one knows what that is here) but I was thinking about the two ways life could have gone. Either it happened or it didn't and the happy of sad. If that even makes sense. Yeah it was super sad that it happened. But if I had the choice on Oct 2 2012 to choose. I would do it all over again because of the things I learned and the love I felt and the time I got to spend with my family that I may not have gotten if it didn't happen. I'm am very thankful that I tore my ACL. It sounds crazy but Its definitely one of the best things that has ever happened to me :) I love you guys!!

Love Elder Bosco

We get to go to the Temple tomorrow too!! Super Excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment